Serves: 4-6 people
3oz cracked wheat/bulghar
1. Boil lentils for 30mins or as indicated by
2. Soak or boil (depending on pack instructions) cracked wheat in vegetable stock.
3. Chop onions and garlic; fry in sunflower oil until onions are soft. Chop mushrooms, add to onions and fry for another minute.
4. Drain lentils. Add lentils, cracked wheat and tomatoes to onions and mushrooms, add salt and pepper to taste, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. In parallel with 1-4, boil potatoes and carrots (halve or quarter carrots into strips). Mash the potatoes in the milk and margarine until creamy, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put lentils & cracked wheat mixture in bottom of casserole dish. Next, add a layer of carrots. Add the potatoes. Put some margarine on top to brown. Put in medium hot oven for approximately 30 minutes.
The above ingredients and quantities can be altered or added to to suit taste; for example, chop and add a green pepper along with the mushrooms.
The same lentil and cracked wheat mixture can be used for:
(a) vegetarian spaghetti bolognaise;
(b) vegetarian chilli: add 1 or 2 tin(s) of kidney beans plus chilli and serve with rice.
zurück - Seitenbeginn - home